Predictions 2016.



That Day We reach the time when I assess how well I predicted the ups and downs of the year and look forward to the next. Here we go again:

The Mutya Keisha Siobhan album is finally released.

No. The All Saints managed to get their act together instead. New project in 2017 apparently. Ok. No marks.

Arden Shakespeare announces Arden of Faversham.

No. But the Oxford Shakespeare has so maybe in the next couple of years? No marks.

Moffat and Capaldi leaving Doctor Who at the end of series ten.

Ish. I supposed I meant an announcement of such. Well, Moffat's going with some suspicion of Capaldi too without anything concrete. 1/2 mark.

Film streaming services announce deals which allow for studio back catalogues to be available in greater depth and for longer ala music.

No. Not at all. No marks.

Major scandal leads to early UK general election.

No, ho, ho, ho, ho. Bless the naive version of me which wrote this twelve months ago. So innocent. No marks.

1/2 mark all together, which I think is the lowest score I've ever managed, which is to be expected given that it is 2016. Anyway, to 2017 and ...

The Mutya Keisha Siobhan album is finally released.

Tim Supple announced as new creative director of Shakespeare's Globe.

New female Doctor emerges at the end of the 2017 Who Christmas special.

Trump doesn't complete the year as President.

Brexit cancelled.


Some hopes and a logical assumption. I'm essentially trying to game fate and the system here.

No comments: