Joe Biden times a hundred.

 Politics  You may have noticed that despite everything which is happening in the world and my clumsy references to it, one name hasn't appeared.  It still won't.  I banned myself from using it and most often used various euphemisms in its place.  The only occasions when it's crept through have been in link posts as part of pull quotes, this book review, quoting one of the Doctor's lines in this Who review and this post a week out from the inauguration in 2017 about what I thought his presidency would look like through the medium of Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi.  I wasn't wrong about him, or that Vanessa Carlton looks like mid-70s Sarah Jane Smith in the promo for the Counting Crows version.

But it's a new, dawn, it's a new day and as John Legend sang at the Inauguration Concert last night, I'm feeling good and I have absolutely no problem talking about the new president Joe Biden.  Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden.  Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden.  Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden.  Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden.  Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden.  Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden.  Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden.  Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden. Joe Biden.  

Joe's first inclusion on this blog was back in 2008 as part of a link post where I actually wrote the pull test myself (the thought!) and how I couldn't remember his name during a pub quiz.  I have absolutely no memory of that night or who I might have attended a pub quiz with.  Unless it was some Twitter related event.  Huh.  Then his name wasn't mentioned until last August when Taylor endorsed him.  Finally I used his surname a lot in the title to this post when he was declared winner and again pretty much predicted everything which has happened in the past three months including the Twitter ban (although that came sooner than I expected), not that I wasn't saying anything that cleverer people than me hadn't already.

None of which is to say that I'll be talking about US politics a whole lot more than I have, but it will be liberating to have the option when I want to, especially around Christmas time.  Not to mention that because the Annoying Orange made flesh no longer consumes the oxygen of the Western world, more focus will inevitably fall on our own idiocy infestation in the UK and how their mismanagement means the number of COVID deaths in this country will be one quarter the US total by this time next week despite us having one fifth of the population and a much tinier, more controllable island.  Not that I'll be talking about that much either.  There's another name I haven't said on here since 2012.

No comments: