Lunchtime It's half term holidays, so my lunchtime visit to the library internet 'cafe' now looks like a school computer class. The kid sitting next to me is actually asking Jeeves something. I'm wondering if the t-shirt post the other day was such a good thing. Reading it now, it feels like one of those times in the pub when you start to tell your friend something not that important, but someone else listens in, another person asks a question about it and before long the whole group are hanging on every word until this little thing becomes a big thing. I felt like I needed context, but before I knew it the ting had quotes, scanned in pictures and jokes and when the thing I was talking about finally arrived it suddenly didn't seem all that interesting any more -- just some co-incidence. In the future I'll try to write with more brevity.

No comments: