Blog! [NB: I'm a Liberal Democrat. You'll see why I'm telling you this in a moment] "Nobody ever seems to do anything for The Kids! All the decisions are made by suits, man. That's so lame!!! We know you think of yourselves as responsible citizens, but what you wanna do is turn that thought into an action, dudes." Reads the second paragraph of Labour MP Tom Watson's 'Teens!' page at his website. I'm on the fence about this one. Either this is the worst example of trying to be in with the yoof since David Owen released that single which ultimately failed to convince no one to vote for the SDP/Liberal Alliance, or Tom knows he can't win either way so has attempted to parody the way MPs would presumably try and talk to kids in an ironic way as a way to get in with them. Whatever it's the most excruciating thing I've read all day (and that includes The Guardian's G2 supplement about Charles Saachi (what were they thinking?)). Lost in the scrum to link this (I've spotted it on Boing Boing and Sore Eyes) is that a week ago Tom began to write his weblog himself which seems like the first time for any politician (in this country at least). He's already broken my first rule of blogging (1: don't talk about your job too much) but I suppose it would be difficult not to. Now if Charles Kennedy ever does something like this, I'm there ...

No comments: