Another Spotify Recommendation.

Radio As this rapidly turns into a Spotify blog (I refer the the reader to my previous comment about obsessions), here's something else I've found:

Vintage Radio Collection
The Best of Radio Film Noir

Between the mid-1930s and the 1940s, the Lux Radio Theatre presented a series of live radio adaptations of new Hollywood films featuring the original stars. Lately they've been released as Mp3s and low and behold here they are on Spotify. Most are an hour long and are fascinating relics from the time before home video. Understandably, some are better than others, usually depending on how visual the original work was though most of the time you can't go wrong with those featuring Orson Welles. I'm pleased to see a version of one of my Forgotten Films, Magic Town (link here). Admittedly, there are loads more that can be downloaded at the Internet Archive, but it's just a measure of the breadth of material Spotify has.

Since I really don't want to turn the blog to turn into a sea of stuff snatched from and about Spotify, I've set up a dedicated Furl feed, which you might like to subscribe to if you'd like to know what I've found, etcetera.

No comments: