New Year's Day Links.

 
Alex Moreland: "To mark the 15th anniversary of the first episode, the cast and crew of the Doctor Who spinoff reflect on their favourite moments, how to tell stories for children, and working with Elisabeth Sladen Partly because I very much wanted to mark the end of last year with some words and it wasn’t until June that I finally accepted that wasn’t going to happen."

I spent years trying to drink and eat myself numb. Then I began a year of intense transformation:
Jamie Klinger: "Who, at my age, truly starts over? But I did. I gave up booze, took up running and found the strength and stamina to fight for a better future"

Brett White: "2021 was a better year than 2020 — but 2021 shouldn’t congratulate itself for just being the second worst year of my life/our lives."

LCC: "Recycle your real Christmas tree by leaving it at one of our handy drop off points between 4th and 31st January 2022."

Alan Holden: "A number of upgrades to the railway infrastructure have been completed by Network Rail over Christmas between Euston, the Midlands and the North West."

Lizbeth Myles: "I’ve been writing this post a lot in my head over the past few days."

Alexis Rossi: "Every January we feature works that are entering the public domain. And this year the big story is in recorded music."

Nichola Daunton: "Chances are you’ve never heard of Eunice Foote, but she was the first person to document climate change. Five years before the man credited for discovering it."

Jeanine Farley: "People have done some bizarre things in this world, but one of the stranger was reportedly taken by a German immigrant and drug manufacturer named Eugene Schieffelin, said to be an eccentric Anglophile and Shakespeare buff."

BBC Radio 4: "Lyse Doucet asks some of the BBC's top journalists to gaze into their crystal balls and predict what 2022 might have in store."

No comments: