TV Still getting over the weekend, but I thought I'd drop this nugget off. Here we have the official website of the American version of 'As If'. Interest abounds. Watch the trailer and marvel at how everything but the actors is exactly the same. Find yourself gasping at getting that same 'wrong Willow' feeling you had after watching the original pilot for Buffy, only this time five times over. Gasp as you realise Emily Corrie is still playing Sooz, only with an American accent. Send any of the main characters an email:
From: Stu (feelinglistless@btopenworld.com)
To: Sooz (sooz@asifupn.com)

How wierd was that? You decide to up sticks and move to the US and find a bunch of people just like the losers at home you were trying to get away from in the first place...

Maybe things will work out with Jamie this time .... good luck ...

Take care,

Stu.
This truly is bizarre. I think I need to go and have another lie down ... and I really have sent that email ... here is the return email which I presume was sent automatically:
Hi. I just got my nose pierced today. Figured I needed to balance the 19 holes in each one of my ears. Can't wait to see what Nicki has to say about this. I already prepared a comeback that ought to knock her on her ass. I do hope the boy of my dreams likes it though. I really think he would appreciate this sort of thing even though he may not exactly appreciate me. Who is this you might ask? Well, that's for me to know and you to dream about.

See ya around,

Sooz
Who wrote that? Have they even seen the show? Unless the character has had a personality transplant she would not say ... "I do hope the boy of my dreams likes it though." ... she'd be more likely to say "If that bugger doesn't appreciate it he can jump in a lake ..." Or something like that ..

No comments: