Music I'm not at all surprised that I don't actually own any of Hybrid Magazine's top album's of 2002, because I have a well honed dodgy sense of musical direction (currently listening to the "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack). I know I really should like bands with names like "The Rocking Horse Winner" or "The Mooney Suzuki" (or that I should like bands) but I got Pink's "missundaztood" and Avril Lavigne's "Let Go" for Christmas instead. The Pink album may have been a mistake. Jury still out on Lavigne ... but I'm drifting. I don't actually know why I don't get these things which other's laud for their quality. I'm sure that some of it is to do with availability -- music radio in Liverpool is very limited, but much of it's to do with my ear. That said my next endevour is the soundtrack to Luc Besson's action film "Taxi" which is the epitomy of French cool, so maybe there is hope yet. Anyone like to suggest something?

No comments: