'You see -- it's absolutely hopeless...'

Life The decorations are up, the tree is decorated. Getting the tree was the mini-adventure. After visiting the shop to pick the tree out we asked for it to be delivered. We we're told just after 1pm. Six hours later the van arrives -- with a completely different tree and not even the same type. After ringing the shop and being told that had to be the tree (even though by all physical appearances it simply wasn't) they returned with something similar to one we wanted. Apparently 'ours' was dropped off with a pensioner by mistake. So I don't actually feel that bad. I just wish that life would take on the easy going texture which other people seem to enjoy.

Wrapped presents last night during my annual viewering of Kenneth Branash's film, In The Bleak Midwinter. Realised at the end I haven't bought nearly enough and that like everyone else I'm going to be scrambling about this week. So much for my largese of the other day about being finish. I have a pretty good idea what I'm going for (something to drink, something to eat) so it shouldn't be so bad. The big shop we said we wouldn't be having happens tomorrow night. We need provisions and it seems right to get it all done in one go. So if updates here have been so spotty lately, but it's Christmas, y'know?

No comments: