Elsewhere "It's a holdover from newspaper lingo. The 'jump' in a newspaper article is the point where the article is interrupted on one page and continued at that point on another page, with a notation of where to go to continue the article. They serve the same purpose: to conserve "front page" space (or inside page space, though that's less common) for as much of as many articles as possible." -- Eldritch answers my AskMe question, "Does anyone know the origin of the phrases 'after the jump' or 'more after the jump'?"

No comments:

Post a comment