disappointment

Film Watching with disappointment the predictably poor Oscar coverage across the television stations this morning I did give quiet cheer that Crash won Best Picture, expecially since it's the kind of film which I'll be writing about in my dissertation -- I'm not doing the Woody Allen thing anymore -- it's all about defining the new 'hyperlink cinema' genre. I didn't make too many predictions this year on the basis that half the films hadn't been released in the UK at the time of the nominations, but looking back -- apparently Munich wasn't important enough; there was a director / best picture split (I wish I'd been there for that -- were the Brokeback people finding themselves having to sit down as Crash was read out?); got Hoffman; didn't get Witherspoon; got Weisz; didn't get Clooney. Oh well.

Seriously, did anyone record this? Can I have a copy? I'd hate to miss Jon Stewart doing his thing.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Make sure you don't watch the Sky highlights, then. Hardly any Jon Stewart, but lots of Jamie Theakston!? What's the hecking point to that then?

Stuart Ian Burns said...

I thought that might be the approach. People who make these kinds of progammes don't tend to have any idea of what the viewer is interested in. They more than likely want to see the show itself and not someone commenting on it and asking people what they thought. They assume that people won't know who Jon Stewart is when in reality there's is the only audience most likely etc.