Pointed Opinions

Film About two years ago I signed up to That's What I Think, a survey website. Although it's name sounds like a radio phone in show from one of the angry radio channels, what actually happens is that periodically they send by email a questionnaire on a telling subject and after answering their question you're assigned 'opinion points' which when collected together over time can be turned into shopping vouchers for Amazon, CD-WOW or Firebox.

The surveys I've generally received have been about uk cinema releases -- what films I can remember are in general release and which on their list I'd actually want to go and see. It makes for depressing reading and I'm sure there are a couple that are outright fiction given that I've never heard of the actors or the title but it's possible they're just going 'under the radar'. This time about the only worthy thing on the list was Stephen Soderbergh's The Good German. There's a very fallow period ahead.

I thought it was another transparent dangling carrot but today I made my first £10 voucher. It took two years of course, but it does prove with patience you can get something (sort of) for nothing. The reason I'm boring you with this is because they inevitably have a referral system, were if I send them the email address of people who want to join, when those people do surveys I get a kick back.

Unsurprisingly, this sounds like a very good thing for somebody but I don't really want to just randomly send out emails unless I think the person is interested and will want to take part. So essentially if this is something you think you'd be interested in doing, let me know and I'll send you the sign up email. The only rule is that you have to be in the UK ...

No comments: