have you seen the prices?

TV The Tachyon TV Three (John, Damon and Neil) have been at the Doctor Who Gallifrey One convention over the weekend (lucky sods). Here's Damon's review:
"I believe I attended a grand total of 3 panels - one of which I was a panel member at - out of dozens. But that didn't matter one bit. The schedule itself was simply amazing - with several things going on at once it meant that you didn't need to hear the same anecdote for the 945th time when you could pop off to hear how best to approach making a Azal costume from discarded Taco Bell serviettes and dried Yak poo."
Despite everything, I've never been to a convention. I've not been one for 'the scene', but I know this is something I'm going to have to do at least once. Some day. But as Damon says, have you seen the prices? Do I care that much?

1 comment:

Robin Brown said...

I went to a convention once, in Coventry. My then-GF bought tickets for my birthday. Sylvester was in a mood all weekend. Never again