one of the best album's you might not have heard

Music Spotify updated again last night and added what is I think one of the best album's you might not have heard:



Boy For You -- Astrid Williamson

I bought the album during a visit to the Edinburgh Festival in 1998. There seemed to be a big release push -- huge advertising in the independent record shops -- but no one I've spoken to since who knows anything about music seems to have heard of her at least in the UK. The sound is somewhat in the area of early Tori Amos, but with more rock influences, perhaps even some Fleetwood Mac and Carole King, I've never been able to quite put my finger on it. I'd be very interested to hear what you think.

In other news, deal signed with NAXOS, which means that pretty much any classical music you can think of will be available in excellent recordings. Wow.

No comments: