Is this the same book?

Food Gwyneth has a new cookbook out soon. I know you're all probably rather bored with the whole thing, but:


In the US, the book is called My Father's Daughter and this nice audio interview at npr emphasises the autobiographical element of the enterprise, as she talks, for example, about how her reputation for having a macro-biotic diet, one of Alexis Petridis's comic props, came from an attempt to try and help cure her father's cancer through osmosis.



Now the UK edition, which is called Notes From My Kitchen Table.  Is this the same book?  A glance at the Amazon page suggests that sections have been rewritten and references to her father are nowhere to be seen.  But the cover art has been used to illustrate that npr thing.  They could be the same book.  I've asked Metafilter.

Clearly there's an element of marketing in all books, but I'd be interested to know from food bloggers and people in the industry if there really is that much difference between us and US, if we prefer our cookbooks with a cleaner approach which focuses on the recipes rather than human interest stories.

Which one should I buy?  No, really.

No comments: