Elisabeth Sladen who played Sarah Jane Smith has died.



TV Well, this has thrown me for a loop. Rumour briefly then confirmed by Doctor Who Magazine. Elisabeth Sladen who played Sarah Jane Smith has died.

She was one of us. For a brief moment in the 70s, two Liverpudlians were travelling in the TARDIS and although my first memories of the series are from slightly afterwards, watching some of those adventures later was what led me to become the fan and man I am today.

Viewing Planet of the Spiders this afternoon, I was thinking how great it would be if she and Tom recorded adventures for Big Finish if the BBC agreed. Now, that can never happen.

Some episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures have already been completed. Hopefully they'll be broadcast soon as a fitting tribute.

1 comment:

Graham Holland said...

Thanks for this :-)