You accidentally hit Reply-All - and everyone received an uncensored rant about your boss. Write the follow-up Reply All.



642 "Sorry."

[Editor's note:

Let's have another look at this blog's rules with particular emphasis on number 2.  It's been a while.

(1) Don’t write about your friends unless they’re doing something amazing
(2) Don’t talk about work unless you’ve left
(3) Don’t talk about things you know nothing about
(4) Don’t make the rules too conspicuous
(5) Some rules can be broken ...

They've become my blanket approach to social media too, although I'll leave it you to decide how often I've broken the third rule.  The point is, because of rule 2 and because rule 2 has served me well across the years, I'm going to allow it to override whatever this project might be suggesting.  To put even a jokey version of this answer out online would be stupid.  Plus who outside of an especially rubbish romcom would write something like this on a corporate email server anyway?  I promise to answer one of these damn questions again tomorrow, ok?]

No comments: