Review 2021:
The Christmas Sandwich Reviews:
Introduction.

Food Surprise. Yes, after many years of filling December with links to other places, this year I decided that for various reasons as well as doing that I'd also resurrect the already inaccurately named Review series and spend the month discussing festive sandwiches from various outlets, mainly supermarkets, coffee shops and bakeries, despite only having a consumer's pallet.  Truth be told I was going to do this instead of the links but I've decided to do both anyway.

Are there rules?  Yes there are rules.  The sandwich must be prepacked so that disqualifies Subway, which is fine because I'd rather not go there for various reasons.  Also where available, the sandwich must be turkey based, although if I turn up and only another variety is available then that will be the review.  Also no repeats.  A new outlet will be up for consideration each day.  Oh and I'll be starting to write before December.  I'm not a masochist and have other things to do.

Since completing the Merseyrail map, I've been looking for reasons to get out and about and back into writing and this seems to be a pretty good way of doing that.  Some of the supermarkets chains especially aren't local so it means travelling further afield and some walking.  On some occasions I'll eat them straight after purchase, on others they'll have to withstand being carried home and a stay in the fridge.  Let's see how this goes.  

No comments: