Film Someone at Aint It Cool News has seen John Sayle's second draft of the proposed Jurassic Park IV. I mentioned this a few months ago and how bonkers it was bound to be. But not this mad. I won't spoil it with a quote in case anyone really wants to be surprised so instead, here is the reaction:
"I'm pleased to report that this second Sayles draft of JURASSIC PARK 4 sees him working in full exploitation mode. I've talked to a number of people about this draft, and it seems to radically divide them in terms of reaction. Some people adore the premise and get excited as soon as they hear it. Some people (including the person who gave it to me) are convinced it's the worst thing they've ever read and a signpost on the road to Hollywood Hell. Personally, I think it's well-written and certainly inventive, but I also think it just might be the single most crazy franchise sequel I've ever read, and I'm not sure we're ever going to see this thing onscreen. It just doesn't seem possible that Universal would make something this vigorously whacked out."
Like he says I don't think anyone will ever make this so I'm sure you won't be too spoiled if you read it. But part of me wishes they really, really do...

No comments: