Links for 2004-11-18 [del.icio.us]

Links for 2004-11-18 [del.icio.us]

  • Metafilter new user sign-ups are back -- with a donation of $5.00
    Which is fairly reasonable considering how many jams its got me out of over the years ...
  • Dawson's Creek Music Guide -- DVD Release Music Notes
    This show used music to good effect throughout and here is a rundown of what's had to go for the dvd release. It's mostly anything by anyone you've heard of. Paula Cole's even gone from the titles replaced by the Jann Arden track 'Run Like Mad'.
  • Bonanza theme gone too
    In an even wierder move, again because of rights issues, one of the most recognisable themes in tv history has also been replaced by something generic for the dvd. This is also the version showing now on the obviously monikored 'Bonanza' channel on Sky
  • Film of the Day: Sliding Doors (1998)
    One of those sleeper films which everyone has seen, liked but hardly gets mentioned in polite conversation. Sci-fi / fantasy premise handled sensitively.
  • ChicagoLand
    "I was greeted at the door by an elegant, petite Asian woman in a Viking helmet who directed me to my seat and then climbed into a kind of hamper for much of the rest of the evening." Sounds like the kind of place I'd end up in.
  • New Metafilter member Boris Johnson's profile
    Although oddly enough the mostly disgraced ex-Tory front bencher uses the name Sean in his email address. Over a thousand new members since I posted six hours ago that membership was open.
  • Google Scholar ponders Life, The Universe and Everything
    Grippingly the first suggestion is a paper by a computer scientist. "How long?"
  • Blogging hits the "West Wing"
    They sort of missed the point, but it was there. I wonder how long it will be before you can say the W word in a conversation and someone knows what you're talking about.
  • Alanis Morissette also cameoing in Kevin Smith's Degrassi.
    I know the chances are slim that I'd ever see this, but if anyone in the US fancies recording it for me when it's on I'll be happy to pay postage and what not. I have an NTSC compatible video.
  • No comments: