"the promise of great discoveries"



I’ve had two abortions: This is what I want you to know about shame:
"I have had two abortions. The first was after graduating from uni. The second was just over a year later. I am not the only woman to have had multiple abortions and I am not the first person to make the same mistake twice. Yet for a long time I felt very alone and ashamed about this."

Ghent Library moves home via human chain:
"Volunteers in Ghent, Belgium, have helped their local library move down the road."

After five years, Juno is showing us Jupiter as we've never seen it before:
"There was much excitement when the Juno spacecraft successfully arrived at Jupiter in July, after a five-year journey through the solar system. A perfect engine firing placed the solar-powered spacecraft into just the right orbit around the gas giant, with the promise of great discoveries to come."

How author Timothy Tyson found the woman at the center of the Emmett Till case:
"With a renewed cultural interest in the 1955 murder that catalyzed the 20th century civil rights movement, an interview with the author of a new book who tracked down the long-hidden woman at its center."


Tulip Siddiq: I’ve quit as shadow minister over article 50 to follow the true will of my people:

"Sleepless nights, cold sweats, recurring nightmares. No, not pregnancy this time – it’s the emotional turmoil that has accompanied so many votes in the House of Commons. Maybe I was naive. Before being elected as an MP, I knew there would be difficult decisions to make – policy compromises or funding trade-offs with no way of satisfying everyone. But I hadn’t realised how emotional it would be."

No comments: