That Day A very belated happy Mother's Day to anyone it relates to. My Mum always prefers something she can use which won't run out when she's eaten it so I forwent the chocolates and bought her a Balise candle and cd of The Seekers so go with her red roses. In other news, the communal Sky dish blew off in the wind yesterday afternoon (which must have been impressive to look at) which means that the parents have been reduced to five channels. I passed through before and Mum was stuck watching that documentary about Idi Amin on Channel 4 which reminded us both of the time when I was in my early teens and we were on a family holiday in a tent in Heysham and the only radio station we could get was having a series of documentaries about Albert Pierpoint. We'll find out how good our current landlord really is when we see how long it takes for them to replace the dish.

No comments: