Twinkie

Life I discovered today after many months of sweating over essay word lengths that the formating of academic references predictably changes how many words are counted in Microsoft Word. So

(Burns, 2006:45)

... counts as three words whereas ...

(Burns, 2006: 45).

Is four. The second format is expected apparently which would account for why my essays always seem short even though the word count is next.

Next. Amazon.com are offering Gormet Food and non-perishable groceries and since I've always wanted to try twinkes, ever since they appeared in adverts in imported comic books during the 1980s, Ben Grimm in particular being an advocate, and the Ghostbusters mention, this was an opportunity. Except when I reached the order page, I saw this ...



That would be an expensive twinkie ... I think I'll wait until I'm in the US ... whenever that is ...

No comments: