links for 2008-08-04

Wild things: 16 films featuring Manic Pixie Dream Girls
I'll leave this at that except to say that I've lost count of the number of girls I've known like this in real life and loved them all. Here's one here.

The World’s Shortest ‘The Dark Knight’ Review

Opinion polled
I used to do this kind of market research all of the time. There'd be free samples and it was a great of getting off my chest all of the hatred for the boneheaded decisions of advertisers. Only one of the advertising pilots I ever watched appeared on screen and even then it appeared to have heeded all of my suggestions. These days, you're led up to the first floor and some non-nondescript office space, sat in front of a lap top and asked to type in your answers, which is no fun. If I want to sit and write rubbish into a computer, I can do that at home.

Gwyneth Paltrow urges US expats to vote for Barack Obama

The New Yorker gives a largely positive review of Woody's Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
Though to be honest I've largely skimmed it, since there seems to be more plot than comment. Reviewer David Denby likes Rebecca Hall a lot too it seems.

Friend Feed: feeling listless
Just in case you didn't already know. Subscribe here. If I'm writing something online, there should be a link to it here.

No comments: