Music As will become clear later, I'm in the mood for a really good courtroom drama and here it is. As The St. Petersburg Times reports that a 'Pianist Looks for Justice After Losing Finger'. The confrontation was sparked when her companion unknowningly tried to take more money than he could into Russia and she stepped in with a solution. Ideally the words of the customs officials should be read in the accent used by half the cast of 'Goldeneye':
"Streib said that Agarkov (Customs Official} then said to Trofimov (Customs Official} "You idiot you lost the money, but we still have his passport."

She said that Agarkov took her passport, saying that he needed to take it to make a photocopy and, when she tried to follow him into the office, he barred her way.

"He pushed me out and pulled the door to shut it, although I was holding the door with both of my hands," Streib said. "I lost my balance and almost fell - still holding the door - but Agarkov pulled the door shut abruptly, chopping off part of my middle finger on my right hand. ... The door was at least 30 centimeters thick and I didn't think that he would close it, knowing that my fingers were still there."

Streib says that neither Agarkov, nor Trofimov, who witnessed the situation, did anything to try to arrange medical assistance, even though she was visibly in extreme pain and her hand was covered in blood."
A few years ago, on holiday in Rhyl, my Dad shut a private hire cab door on my fingers. Luckily all I came out with was the shock, the swearing and masses of nervous pain for an evening. It hasn't effected my ability to type (sorry). This poor woman has had to miss three concerts. Just another example of how some people don't ever seem to exist as three dimension feeling beings even in the real world.

No comments: