Contact Every now and then, someone whose work I've mention on the weblog actually gets in touch. I just got an email from Cynthia Basinet who I mentioned in January 2002 regarding some inspirational comments she made about being a singer. In the intervening time with all the music coming from reality tv shows, it seems even more apt, so I'll repeat them here:
"The hardest thing is authentic power. To do the baby steps. Have the dream. And then just do the work. Don’t buy into the hype. If you’re an artist, a true artist then it is really a journey. So enjoy it. Take your time, make the right choices. Be proud. And sing to your little hearts content."
What I think Cynthia is saying is that you can still be successful without surrendering your integrity as a person if you keep slogging away at it. Take care. Good luck.

No comments: