Iyari Limon interview

TV You remember Iyari Limon right? Well, Ok. She played Kennedy, Willow's girlfriend that wasn't Tara in Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. I was less hostile towards the character than most and partly it was because of Limon's performance which seemed fresh and shiny and convincing. This interview for AfterEllen features many riches, including her coming out story and an excellent moment when she geniunely shocks the interviewer:
"AE: How has this been for you career-wise? any changes in how people in the business treat you? Any pleasant surprises?
IL: (laughs) this is the first time I'm actually speaking about this openly, so--

AE: So this is a scoop!
IL: Yeah! Because people didn't need to know my private life. I like keeping it private. But at this point, I'm just so ...

Okay. This is another huge thing. I was married before.

AE: I didn't see that on your IMDB bio!
IL: (Laughs) I know! That's what I'm saying! Did you see Napoleon Dynamite?

AE: Yes.
IL: Do you remember the Latin guy in it?

AE: Pedro?
IL: Yup.

AE: You were married to Pedro?
IL: I was.

AE: He's a folk hero!
[via]

No comments: